To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Epilepsy Foundation- Greater Dayton Region
Position: Fundraising Manager
Creative, fun, hard-working person that manages all aspects- big and small- of the fundraising programs of the Epilepsy Foundation- Greater Dayton Region, including managing the budget, managing volunteers, organizing our 3 signature events, developing donors and tracking work progress. Must be great at getting things done, being part of a small team and working with others. Must develop effective strategies for maximizing donations. Educates the public about the purpose of the foundation and how it serves the community.
Customer and Stakeholder
· Manage all aspects of planning, implementing, evaluating and reporting on our fundraising events, especially our walk, mud volleyball and gala.
· Report outcomes of fundraising programs, including recommendations for continuation of events
· Collaborate with Executive Director to cultivate VIP donors.
· Design strategic messages, suggest marketing, promotional plans, and social media strategies.
· Work with 3rd party groups raising funds for the Foundation
· Manage and implement donor recognition/thank you’s
· Maintains a productive and collaborative relationships with the national Foundation’s departments and other regions; participates on regional and enterprise projects and committees as appropriate.
· Models and fosters behavior that establishes a culture that values the staff/volunteer partnership, and is consistent with the values, goals, and objectives of the Foundation to create an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability, empowerment and dedication to the mission.
· Other duties as assigned
· Event budgets will be met or exceeded.
· Event budgets will be created, maintained and reported accurately according to organizational standards and by established deadlines.
· Develops annual goals and plans for raising money
· All purchases will meet internal guidelines, including documentation.
· All events will meet internal, local or other regulations.
· Maintain donor tracking system
· Follow process for documenting/thanking all donors
· All events will have up to date process documentation, including the planning process, annual data, trending data and notes for future events.
· Follow all organizational policies and processes, including the Code of Conduct and behavior for interpersonal communications and administrative behavior. The employee is responsible for learning any new policies or processes that affect his/her job and to recommend policy changes that can streamline or otherwise improve work in the organization.
· Develop and nurture relationships with like-minded organizations to help fulfill the mission of the Epilepsy Foundation as funders or collaborators
· Manage the process maps for all related areas to fundraising and the master task lists for larger projects.
· Adequate volunteers will be recruited to fulfill fundraising capacity needs.
· Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest.
· Proficient in social media, especially Facebook, Instagram, You Tube and LinkedIn.
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent communications skills, including intrapersonal skills, writing and public speaking
· Familiar with Microsoft Suite of products, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· The ability to work well with all types of people
· Highly tuned attention to detail
· Bachelor’s degree in fundraising, communications, business or a related area.
· At least 1 year of fundraising experience. This can be a significant volunteer experience.
· Must have car and valid driver’s license.
· Must pass criminal, motor vehicle and sexual offender background check
· Willingness to work weekends and evenings as needed
· Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
· Be able to lift at least 20 pounds.
· Local and statewide travel required. A very small amount of national travel required.
· The Foundation is a smoke-free and fragrance-free workplace.
The Epilepsy Foundation-Greater Dayton Region is an equal opportunity employer. Any qualified individual is encouraged to apply.