Ohio Epilepsy Wellness Expo
Saturday, April 13, 2019 at the Quest Conference Center 8405 Pulsar Pl, Columbus, OH 43240
Free, but registration is required.
This will be our inaugural year for this exciting event offering speakers; educational vendors; kids activities, including COSI exhibits and face painting; door prizes and more! Anyone affected by epilepsy is welcome to attend.
Agenda, topics and speakers
8:30 am- Doors Open, Continental Breakfast for all attendees, Vendor Fair open
9:30-10:30 am- Two available speaker sessions
1. IEP’s and 504 Plans by Robyn Traywick of Advocates for Basic Legal Equality, Inc.
2. Epilepsy 101 by Andreas Alexopoulos, MD for the Cleveland Clinic
10:30-11 am- Break/ Vendor Fair open
11 am to 12 pm- Two available speaker sessions
1. Cannabinoid Science and Epilepsy by Timothy Saurer, PhD for Greenwich Biosciences
2. Non-epileptic Psychogenic Seizures by Michael Kentris, DO for Premier Health
12-12:30 pm- Break/ Vendor Fair open
12:30-1:30 pm- Two available speaker sessions
1. The Keto Diet for Children by Debby Fink, RD, CSP, LD and Andi Kman, RD, LD for Nationwide Children's Hospital Keto Team
2. Cognitive and Emotional Aspects of Health in Epilepsy by Paula Shear, PhD for UC Health